Who you are
We are looking for a product-minded senior fullstack engineer who is truly curious about how we can build better ways to think, share ideas, and self-express on the internet.
You're someone who takes the stability and performance of what you ship seriously, are passionate about creative tools and interactive media more generally. You’re comfortable shifting between the dreamy high level (how to fix the internet?), and the gritty details (the bugs you’re dealing with).
You have at least two years of experience in early startups and/or building and leading teams within bigger organisations, and have built and shipped products from zero. You learn quickly, and communicate your decision-making and reasoning clearly.
What you’ll do
- Brainstorm and collaborate on product development strategies.
- Build new user facing features with a focus on intuitive interactions.
- Be a leader within a very flat and fast-moving team.
- Take ownership of both the frontend and backend apps.
- Ensure the performance and security of our web app.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software regularly.
- Own what you build.
- Manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
What we’re hoping you bring
- Ability to translate technical information and collaborate with a cross-functional team through clear communication around your processes and decision-making.
- Enthusiasm towards our mission and the tools shaping the future of digital culture.
- A structured approach to development, documentation, and workflows.
- Ability to work in fast-paced (but not unreasonable) environments where priorities shift quickly.
What we offer
- The opportunity to build a company with category-defining ambition from its infancy.
- Health insurance benefits.
- Competitive equity plan as a founding engineer.
- Opportunity to be a part of building a company that values the pursuit of health, balance, and clarity as much as it values getting shit done and moving fast.
- Unlimited vacation + a company-wide holiday at the end of each year.
Are you the right person for this role?
- 2+ years work experience, ideally from startups. You’ve supported real production systems at scale.
- Experience building with React, Typescript, Golang, GraphQL, Docker, and Edgedb/Postgres.
- Product design experience - using tools such as Figma.
- You have an eye for detail, but are pragmatic and able to get things done fast.
- You have great written communication skills in English.