Who you are
We are looking for a product-minded frontend engineer (with real emphasis on engineer) who is truly curious about how we can build better ways to think, share ideas, and self-express on the Internet.
You're someone who takes the stability and performance of what you ship seriously, has ideas about tools for thought and interactive media more generally, are comfortable with talking at both the dreamy high level (where can we take the product?), as well as the gritty details (the bugs you’re dealing with).
You contribute to the vision of the product while having the humility to realize that not all of your ideas are going to be winners. You're creative, humble, can push back when pushback is needed, and realize that there are times to be none of those three.
Experience is necessary, but we believe that you feeling at home with us (and vice versa), having the ability to learn quickly, and communicate your decision-making and reasoning is significantly more important at this stage of any startup. "He who has a why can bear any how" and all that.
What you’ll do
You will brainstorm and collaborate on product development strategies, and work closely with the whole team to build features with a focus on intuitive interactions and good engineering practice.
How you'll interact with us
- Thomas (Founding Engineer, focus on backend) - Communicate and collaborate on engineering decisions, especially those involving the interface between the frontend and backend. Pair program when it's needed. Review each other's PRs. Thomas has done enough frontend work to be dangerous but is not as experienced and skilled as we hope you are.
- Tiina (Chief Product Officer) - Have design conversations and contribute to strategic decisions related to UX and design implementation. This includes pushing back when necessary and providing a technical point of view to building roadmap. Implement designs (we use Figma for rough prototyping) and iterate in code.
- Ida (Chief Executive Officer) - Chat through strategy and high-level product roadmap in weekly product syncs and other team wide meetings to make sure product aligns with overall company goals.
What we’re hoping you bring
- Experience doing serious frontend engineering (with emphasis on the engineering part).
- Ability to understand and translate technical information and collaborate with a cross-functional team through clear communication around your processes and decision-making.
- Enthusiasm towards our mission and the tools shaping the future of digital culture
- A structured approach to development, documentation, and workflows.
- Ability to work in fast-paced (but not unreasonable) environments where priorities shift quickly
- Willingness to relocate to the Greater New York City Area in the near future. We can help pay moving expenses.
What we offer
- A flexible hybrid role with the opportunity to build a company with category-defining ambition from its infancy.
- Health insurance benefits
- Competitive equity plan as a founding engineer
- Opportunity to be a part of building a company that values the pursuit of health, balance, and clarity as much as it values getting shit done and moving fast.
- Unlimited vacation + a company-wide holiday at the end of each year.